Artsahkh depends on it.
Our homeland’s enemies fear it.
And the Armenian Cause depends on it.
Armenian American political power is surely vital for our future, but, as we all know, it sure doesn’t come free.
Especially in Washington, D.C.
Some buy it. Others rent it. A few steal it.
We earn it.
Family by family, community by community, chapter by chapter.
For more than a century, we’ve invested in our greatest national treasure: Our people.
Through experience and example, we’ve trained generations of Armenian Americans to give voice to the spirit in their hearts. To translate their feelings into action, and their actions into results. To instill a rock-solid ethic of teamwork toward our shared aims.
Bank accounts and buildings are important, but it’s people—boys and girls, who become the men and women who serve and lead our community and cause—who make the real difference.
Our people—working through, with, and for the ANCA—have built a powerful culture, envied around the world, of civic grassroots activism. Add world-class, highly sophisticated advocacy operations and non-stop hard-work, and you’ve got a powerful combination.
We have, during the hard-earned progress on our long national journey, been blessed by the deep well-spring of devotion of our community. The proud ethic of service. The selfless love of justice. The willingness to serve. These are all a great tribute to our families, our churches, and youth groups. And they are the source of our greatest strengths.
We have, as well, been fortunate to have a community supporting us that has a sophisticated understanding of the challenges we face and a real-world appreciation of the practical steps we need to take within the American political process to address and overcome these obstacles to our shared aims. The success of our Capital Gateway Program in placing young Armenians in career-track jobs in Washington is a testament, first and foremost, to the talented, highly educated Armenian men and women being raised in families across America.
And, most importantly, we wield power today because our community has pride in itself and the faith that, together, we can make a real difference for our cause:
– Fighting for justice for the genocide, a stronger Armenia, a free and secure Artsakh, and a safe and sustainable Javakhk.
– Assisting a new wave of young Armenian Americans to start careers in government, foreign policy, and the media.
– Dramatically increasing Armenian American grassroots civic participation, as informed voters and effective community activists.
– Generating expanded U.S. and international media coverage of Armenian issues, from CNN to the front pages of the New York Times.
We’re using technology, the news media, and social networking to push back against the forces of assimilation and dispersion, and to foster new and powerful ways for our increasingly diverse but also deeply devoted community to communicate and cooperate on the things that really matter.
We’re already doing all this, and more, but we need your financial help to take our results to next level. That’s why I’m asking you today for your generous gift for the ANCA Telethon. Here’s the secure link: www.ancatelethon.org/donate.
Each dollar you give represents a personal vote of confidence in the Armenian Cause.
Every dollar you donate, an enduring investment in our future.
With your generous support, we can continue:
– Fighting denial, advocating recognition, and promoting broader American public awareness of the Armenian Genocide through schools, coalitions, and the media.
– Pressing for progress in developing mutually beneficial U.S.-Armenia economic ties.
– Educating the general public and our elected leaders about the independent Nagorno-Karabagh Republic and the Javakhk region of Georgia.
In each of these areas, we are facing new and increasingly powerful opposition. On every front, Turkey and Azerbaijan are pushing back hard, as are their allies here in Washington.
Our will is being tested, as is our strength.
We have the smart solutions in place to meet these tests, but need your funds to put them into practice and take our cause to the next level.
Please invest today in Armenian American political power by making a secure on-line donation right now in support of ANCA Telethon 2012: www.ancatelethon.org/donate